Success Fee Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Personal information is any information that relates to, or can be related back to you. This can include your name, contact details or any other information we gather as part of our relationship with you.
The information we hold can be categorised into several key groups, known as ‘information categories’. These categories cover all the information requirements needed to provide you with the services offered by Success Fee Ltd many of which may be applicable to you based on the contractual relationship you have with us.
What we collect
The type of information collected depends upon our relationship with you and the context in which we obtain and process your personal data.
Information collected and processed may include details of the following types of information:
- Contact information (name, address, (including postal and email addresses), telephone and fax numbers and gender)
- Identification documents, including date of birth and photographic identification
- Online services in respect of which you have expressed an interest
- Other information collected and used in the course of our business, including information provided by our clients concerning previous solicitors of our clients or those providing services to our Clients
What we do with the information we gather
We use the information provided to:
- Ensure content from our site is presented in the most effective manner
- Contact you by email, fax, post or phone where you have provided contact details. We may also keep a record of that correspondence
- Notify you about changes to our service
- Improve our products and services
- Maintain internal records, including about cancelled accounts
- Ensure good governance, accounting, management and auditing
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between us
- Refer you to another business about other legal services which may be of benefit to your interests
- Provide you with information, products or services which you request from us
- Send you information which you may find of interest where you have indicated your wish to be contacted for such purposes
- Pass your details to experts, including solicitors, counsel and other professionals for the purposes of obtaining professional advice and complying with our contractual obligations
- To contact you in the course of providing services to our clients
- Where we have other legitimate reasons or take other action required or permitted by law or for other safety and security reasons
- To respond to complaints against us.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our services.
- We will only use your information to contact you for research purposes if you have explicitly agreed to let us do this. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may also use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
How long do we keep your personal information
- We only retain your information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained. This could include compliance with legal obligations (by way of example, in relation to anti money laundering regulations where we are required to keep information for minimum periods).
- It could also include conducting legal work as instructed, or establishing or defending claims which could be made against us, for example for negligence in the performance of our obligations.
You also have the right to correct or complete information held by us.
If you think any information we have about you is incorrect, incomplete or needs updating please also let us know. We will update any information as soon as possible.
You may also in certain circumstances:
- Request that we erase the personal data we hold about you
- Restrict its processing whilst we continue to hold it
- Where we process your data by automated means, ask us to transmit that data to another data controller. If you wish to request this we will let you know whether this is possible, taking into account compatibility of systems of the other data controller to whom you wish the transfer to be made
- Object to processing. If you raise such objection we must stop unless we can demonstrate (1) an overriding legitimate business interest or (2) such processing is necessary in relation to legal proceedings
- To have a decision taken by a human. We are however unlikely to take decisions which have a legal or similarly significant effect on you by automated means
- Have a right to be notified of a personal data breach if it results in a high risk to your rights and freedoms
- Right to withdraw your consent if you have given your consent to our processing of any of your personal data. (Please note that if you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the validity of any processing carried out prior to withdrawal).
These requests are free of charge.
Depending on the nature and extent of your request, we may be unable to continue acting for you. In this event, you will remain liable for our fees and disbursements incurred before the request was made.
Our contact information in connection with the exercise of these rights or other privacy issues appears at the bottom of this page.
If you consider we have breached our obligations in respect of your personal data you may raise your concerns with us. Alternatively, you can complain to the Information Commissioners Office. Further details can be found at ico.org.uk
Security and storage
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All information you provide to us in electronic format is stored on our secure server within the United Kingdom.
The internet is a global environment. It can involve transmission of data on an international basis. Transmission of information via the internet or any social media is not completely secure. By using our site and communicating with us electronically, you acknowledge and accept our processing of your personal information in this way.
Although we adopt appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its security when sent to this site. Transmission is at your own risk.
Once your information is received by us either in electronic or physical form, we take all reasonable steps necessary to prevent unauthorised access and ensure your information is handled securely and in accordance with this privacy notice. We have put in place suitable electronic, physical and managerial procedures to protect and secure the information collected.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Success Fee Ltd, Glebe Business Park, Lunts Heath Road, Widnes, Cheshire WA8 5SQ.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Get in touch today
Contact us today to reclaim what was rightfully yours.
(no win no fee)
OR TEXT 'REFUND' to 88440